Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Making up with Facebook and Graduating from College

Finally - Finally - Finally ... after 22 years of interruptions I have done it - I have earned my B.A. in Psychology from Texas Tech University.  Let it be known that my first choice of colleges was the University of Texas at Austin (Go Longhorns!) but at this point it doesn't really matter.  It is done - finished - Finally.

What does this have to do with Facebook?  Not much except that now that I am all done with college classes I have actual TIME to spend on Facebook.  Add to that a little pressure from a certain couple of very special friends and Presto Chango - I am back together with Facebook.

Actually, it was quite the social experiment.  It wasn't until I decided to get rid of all things FB that I realized the global social impact of FB.  1/7th of the population on Earth has a FB page - that is 1 BILLION people ... add to that there is nothing - and I mean NOTHING on the Internet that is not connected to FB somehow.  Every website I see has a link to FB and most have a FB fan page.

A favorite blogger of mine wrote this about Facebook: http://www.stonekettle.com/2012/05/things-that-chap-my-ass-about-facebook.html#links

Very insightful and true - it is a good read if you have a minute.

Besides all that?  I missed my friends - my REAL friends - people I actually know and care about.  Hardly anyone e-mails anymore - texting has replaced phone calls - and Facebook is the 21st century way of staying in touch.  Now if Mark Z. and his new wife Priscilla will hurry and have a baby maybe he will make some positive changes about how FB handles breastfeeding pictures.  If you didn't know, there is a giant kerfuffle about breastfeeding pictures on FB being deleted and accounts being deleted because said breastfeeding pictures supposedly break some stupid rule about obscenity and nudity.  Geez people - it is a baby eating - one of the most beautiful experiences a mother and child can share.  Why are people such prudes about something so natural? 

Now that school is done - summer has started and the MOST exciting thing in the world is happening at my house ... my kitchen is getting totally remodeled.  Who knew remodeling a kitchen could be so exciting?  I wasn't this excited about turning 21! Seriously! 

So it is summer - I completed my degree - I am getting a new kitchen - I have wonderful friends and family that I ADORE.  Life is pretty darn good - hope yours is too!

No comments:

Post a Comment