Saturday, January 1, 2011

Inspirations of 2011

Blogging. Lots of people do it and have fun with it. I have been thinking about writing ... more than in my personal journal ... taking the leap and sharing my insights, experiences, frustrations, joys, tears, laughter, and whatever else is tickling my fancy with someone other than myself and God. Don't get me wrong, God is a great listener but it is time I expanded my horizons and shared my little piece of Heaven on Earth with others.

The name of this blog ~ Love in Daisies ~ is not about having sex in a field of daisies - not that there is anything wrong with that - No, the name for this blog comes from a deeply moving spiritual experience I had in my teen years. As part of a youth church retreat weekend called "Happening," we were awakened by the counselors with singing, orange juice, and white daisy flowers. It was in this moment that I understood that Love is everywhere and in everything ... thus, Love in Daisies became my personal and unique reminder that Love is all around all the time ... all we have to do is look for it and there it is ~ from the smile on my daughter's face to the simple beauty of my favorite flower, which, you guessed it, is a daisy - dark red daisies to be exact.

Well, this wasn't so hard so I will come back and write more again.

Happy New Year everyone ~ May 2011 be all that we wish for and more than we expect it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment