Saturday, January 8, 2011

Saturday Night - Not My Loneliest Night

Saturday nights are "cuddle bunny" nights for me and the six year old. She misses sleeping with Mommy and only recently moved into her own room for the first time in her life. Before that she was sleeping in a twin bed next to my bed in the same room. Some might think that is weird but it has saved our sanity and kept us close during the very rough time of the separation and divorce that started in the Summer of 2008. I am being stricter with the baby. She sleeps in her crib - which I love - for most of the night. I don't mind sharing my bed ... another advantage of no spouse - more room in the bed - and MUCH easier to breast feed!

This is my precious "me" time - after both kids are asleep, if I manage not to go to sleep WITH them, I get about an hour of uninterrupted focus time. The trick is ... staying awake while the girls go to sleep so I can take advantage of this precious time. Okay enough of this blogging stuff. Next on my list ... thank you notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment