Monday, January 17, 2011

My Daughter the Chipmunk


When a baby goes from sitting/lying in one place, to crawling around the house, life changes dramatically. I vacuum and sweep everyday to keep yucky stuff off the floor but Lily finds stuff anyway. The first several times I picked her up to feed her after she had been crawling around I had to sweep out debris that she had tucked in her cheeks!! The first couple of times she balked at having my finger stuffed in her mouth but now she sits and patiently waits for me to fish out the paper, or unidentifiable rubber piece, or, the worst one ... a piece of broken ceramic!?! She doesn't swallow this stuff (thank God!) - she just pockets it in her cheek like a little chipmunk. This too shall pass ... too quickly I am sure ... in the meantime her Angels will be working overtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment